16.2.09

You Will

You will smile at me between courses at dinner
You will stroke your ankle against mine while I'm discussing politics with the family
You will lick away the last traces of dessert from your mouth and never take your eyes off me
You will ask if I know what you're thinking and I will just breathe silently

You will caress my wrists in the kitchen as I rinse the glasses in warm water
You will stand behind me, your breath warm on my neck, my ears
You will slip out when the others go into the living room for coffee
And I will follow you

You will clasp me in the yard underneath the tree with fall air falling on us
You will sweep in my trembles and brush in my heartbeat
You will sniff hungrily at me and slide your hands under my sweater, blouse, bra, to skin, and me

You will gather me into you and your mouth will wet and bite me like fruit
You will murmur and moan and pull me, pull me, pull me to you under the night sky
You will shift me down to the cold grass and I will never once think that this is wrong, that I am your sister, and you cannot have me this way

You will not utter a word, and when you're done, you will lie beside me, and wrap me, in a deep blanket of stars

- Nicole Blackman

1 comment: